Boards and Committees Register
Native Vegetation Panel
The Native Vegetation Panel is an independent statutory body that has power to make merit-based determinations of applications for clearing native vegetation.
The Native Vegetation Panel is constituted under the Local Land Services Act 2013 and has the function of determining applications for approval to clear native vegetation under:
- Division 6 of Part 5A of the Local Land Services Act 2013, and
- Part 4 of the State Environmental Planning Policy (Vegetation in Non-Rural Areas) 2017
About the members
The Panel consists of three members:
- a Chairperson of the Panel, being a person with expertise in planning, public administration or social assessment
- a person with expertise in economics, agricultural economics or agricultural land production systems
- a person with expertise in ecology or the protection and conservation of biodiversity.
Members are appointed by the Minister for Agriculture and Western NSW for up to a 3 year term. The office of a member is a part-time office.
The Board will meet in Sydney and regional locations in NSW, as required, and is expected to be 4 times per year.
A sitting fee of $1500 for the Chair and $1000 for a Member is payable. Reasonable travel expenses are also reimbursed. Members are expected to take time to prepare for meetings and provide informed contributions.
How To Apply
To apply for membership of the Panel, submit:
- the application form
- your CV
- a cover letter that:
- outlies your experience and interest in the role
- addresses the role statement
- nominates which position you are applying for.
Submit your application by 21 June 2020 to email@example.com.