Boards and Committees Register
Rice Marketing Board of NSW
Expression of Interest for the Rice Marketing Board for the state of NSW
The Rice Marketing Board for the State of New South Wales (RMB) is a statutory Board committed to obtaining the best return to rice growers and operates under the authority of and in accordance with the Rice Marketing Act 1983.
The objects of the Board are:
- To encourage the development of a competitive domestic market for rice;
- To ensure the best possible returns from rice sold outside Australia based on the quality differentials or attributes of Australian grown rice; and
- To liaise with and represent the interests of all NSW rice growers in relation to the Board's functions and objects.
The Board consists of seven members, three of whom are elected by growers, and four who are nominated by the Minister for Agriculture and Western New South Wales. Members are usually appointed for a four-year term.
The RMB and NSW DPI are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified individuals to fill one nominated board member position, commencing 1 July 2021.
As a Board Member, you will be responsible for:
- Attending Board meetings and participation in sub-committees;
- Assisting in the development and monitoring of strategic plans and working with the Board to achieve business growth;
- Ensuring the financial affairs of the RMB are conducted in an appropriate, responsible and strategic manner;
- Actively contributing time, skills and expertise in your area(s) of specialisation;
- Representing the RMB at industry forums and community events; and
- Working with fellow Board members to maintain excellent governance standards in accordance with the NSW Government Boards and Committees Guidelines (2015).
Skills and experience in a range of the following areas will be considered important in selecting members:
- Regulatory/statutory body;
- Contemporary corporate governance;
- Human resources/WHS;
- Information technology knowledge.
Candidates with additional expertise in the following areas would be favourably considered:
- Communications/stakeholder engagement skills;
- Strategic thinking and planning;
- Rice industry knowledge (eg. agronomy, research, policy, marketing, irrigation, representation)
- Public policy and legislative processes
The annual remuneration rate is $20,000 p.a paid in accordance with the Classification and Remuneration Framework for NSW Boards and Committees.
How To Apply
Please send your Expression of Interest to email@example.com to receive an application form.
Applications will close COB Tuesday 9 March 2021.