Boards and Committees Register
Domestic Violence Death Review Team
Non-Government Service Provider Member
Domestic Violence Death Review Team member
The Attorney General and Minister for the Prevention of Domestic Violence is calling for applications from suitably qualified persons with experience and expertise in the provision of domestic violence services for appointment to the Domestic Violence Death Review Team (DVDRT). The appointment is for a term of up to 2 years.
The DVDRT was established in 2010 under the Coroners Act 2009 to:
- review closed cases of domestic violence deaths occurring in New South Wales;
- analyse data to identify patterns and trends relating to such deaths;
- make recommendations as to legislation, policies, practices and services for implementation by government and non-government agencies and the community to prevent or reduce the likelihood of such deaths;
- establish and maintain a database about such deaths; and
- undertake research that aims to help prevent or reduce the likelihood of such deaths.
The DVDRT is convened by the State Coroner and includes representatives from relevant government agencies and non-government service providers and other experts.
The DVDRT reports to Parliament biennially and all tabled reports are available at https://www.coroners.nsw.gov.au/coroners-court/resources/domestic-violence-death-review.html#Reports2
Further information about NSW Government Boards and Committees can be found at https://boards.dpc.nsw.gov.au/?_ga=2.146633012.1836988542.1613940322-754353062.1598851992
Non-government members are entitled to receive a limited payment for attending meetings.
How To Apply
Applications in Word or PDF, accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and the names of at least two referees, must be completed online.
Applications close: Sunday 23 May 2021 (11.59 pm).
If you would like to make further enquiries contact Ms Anna Butler, Manager, Domestic Violence Death Review Team, on (02) 8584 7752 or via email at email@example.com
This is a readvertised role. Applicants who previously applied under job reference 16770 do not need to reapply as your application will be brought forward.
Applications must be lodged electronically. Please go to iworkfor.nsw.gov.au and search Job Reference Number 20173.